Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 3, 2009
There are a number of strong examples and points in this book that struck a chord with me. The main theme of the book is of course the war we wage with Satan, whether we realize it or not. I recently commented to someone who had signed their email "Peace" that peace is a temporary state while someone plots to steal it away from us. Vigilance and wisdom was my recommendation, and author David Kortje echoes that throughout this book.

There were several other points that really helped me connect with why Mr. Kortje wrote this book. I love the story in the forward about him being awake at 4 in the morning, not able to sleep, and how the chapters just laid themselves out through God's voice speaking to him. I have used this as an idea to ask myself, "I'm awake when I should be sleeping. Does God have a message for me? Does God need to hear from me?" There are numerous references to other books, movies, and authors for anyone wanting to grow their knowledge base. I also related to the example of Moses in middle-age (which the author and I are also), being called to do God's work. No matter our age, our place in life, our state of complacency, when God calls - answer Him!

Great book, full of mental images and a powerful message to wake anyone from a spirtual stupor and gird them for the battle we must all face with courage and strength.

Vigilance and wisdom...