Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 19, 2012
This device is very slick in both style and design. I would compare it to the elegance of the Ipad. The device is also very light, and I have no problems holding it hours on end. Even while reading e-books and supporting it on my chest its lighter then a real book. Watching 1080p videos on this is incredible and the built-in speaker sounds pretty good too.

We also have a Plex Media server in our house. I installed the Plex Android Client on the tablet and tried streaming both 720 and 1080 content. The streaming performance was outstanding. Not one glitch even when moving from floor to floor. The other cool thing is you can do is output the tablets video through the micro-hdmi connector to your TV. Wow. We have a a TV in our basement that's not connected to cable so I decided to try it. It was just like having a blu-ray player on the TV! I also tried Netflix, Hulu and Crackle. Both performed without any issues. I can't wait to travel for work with this thing! No more boring nights in the hotel room.

I'm not a big gamer, but if you go into the TegraZone app download a game called "Dead Trigger". You won't believe the graphics.

When I bought this I knew it didn't have cellular conductivity, but that didn't bother me since I always carry my Android phone. What you need to do if you don't have WiFi, but have a phone with data is install a tethering app on your phone. This allows your phone to function as a WiFi access point to which your tablet can connect to. I use this on my quite a bit with my laptop. The tablet works the same.

I recently got the keyboard dock and this really extends the functionality of the device. For one if your typing quite a bit the keyboard vs the screen is much more productive. Two, the dock also has another battery which extends the battery life to 14.5. It also contains an SD card slot and a USB port. I bought the TF201 dock which is used on the older "Prime" unit, but it does work on the "Infinity". This will save you $50 if you want the dock. Use Goggle there blowing out the old docks for $99 bucks.

Updates
-------
Asus recently announced that Jelly Bean is coming for this device in the next few months! :)!
The latest firmware update from 7-28-12 fixed the slow usb transfer speeds. ver: 9.4.5.26

Pros:
Super fast performance.
Love the IPS screen mode when using the tablet outside.
Touch is very accurate.
Screen size is perfect for reading a full size html website and ebooks.
Outstanding Video performance.
Front and rear cameras. Quality seems pretty good, but not as good as standalone camera.
GPS performance is great, even inside my house. I use the CoPilot app.
Side button placement does not interfere with your hand placement irregardless of the tablets orientation. The buttons also take a good amount of pressure to engage, thus when its sitting on something (like your lap) the button wont accidentally get pressed.
WiFi conductivity is excellent. No problems connecting and maintaining connections. Signal strength is great.

Cons:
No 5Ghz wireless N support. Only 2.4 Ghz is supported.
Not running the latest Android OS (Jelly Bean).
Internal speaker is on the back of unit. Sound is muffled if its laying down on a table.
3333 comments| 327 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.