Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on February 17, 2007
My cousin brought over her PS1 with a DDR game and 2 dance pads. We spent 3 hours playing it and had a blast. I was hooked and decided to get my own DDR gear for my workouts. I was thinking about buying a used PS1 (because of the low cost), but quickly realized I'd be pigeon-holed into having only 1 DDR game out of 6 or 7 that would be compatible with the unit. Bogus. So, we decided to spring for a new PS2 (just a little advice for anyone contimplating getting a Play Station).

The DDR Super Nova Bundle is a great starter kit for those new to DDR. It comes with the Super Nova game and 1 dance pad. I like this particular game because it has more choices to SLOW THINGS DOWN a bit for the less in shape (like myself) or for those who need to ease into this whole DDR thing slowly. It also features songs from actual artists like Kelly Clarkson, David Bowie and Cyndi Lauper, rather than just play cover songs. Some even play the game against the backdrop of the songs original music video (although it is hard to follow the arrows when you're paying attention to David Bowie up against that jukebox, but I digress). The workout mode rocks out loud. You enter any or all of the following info: weight, calories you want to burn or amount of time you want to workout, distance, etc. There is also an instructional part so you can be sure to so it correctly.

Downside? The dance pad clearly states that you should have bare feet when playing, not even stocking feet and certainly not shoes (they ruin the dance pad). But even with a thick rug and yoga mat underneath, I question if this will hurt the arches of our feet at some point. Also, the workout section only features the same 6 songs over and over again; you have to individually key in different songs each time if you want a variety, which becomes cumbersome when you're trying to keep your heartrate up. Another reveiwer commented on the scantily clad girls in some of the animation; although I'm not a prude, I have to agree. It's rated E+10 for this reason, I suppose. Still, it's a fun game that gets the whole family off the couch and burning some calories.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?