Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2009
I find the book simply adequate.

I spent a while looking through books on VBA for Excel 2007 and I chose the Jelen/Syrstad title because is was not one of big fat programming guides. I feel there aren't enough examples provided in the book and the examples from their website are mostly a repeat of the book. I find working with Excel to develop a automatic report a daunting task; the built-in help is nearly worthless, the on-line help is a hit or miss, and that's after I've looked through the book.

I guess I'll be looking for a big fat programming guide with more chart development and, hopefully, one that covers Data Connections and SQL.

I have carefully read through the first 12 chapters before I started my project and I find the information easy to understand and straight forward. If, however, one tries to develop code outside of the examples provided, the frustration level increases.
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?