May 13, 2014
If you haven't read Two Brothers: Origins please read that one first. You won't be disappointed, but this is a trilogy, and trilogies generally should be read in order. I read it months ago and loved it. Origins really sets the stage for the Heritage.

We do pick up right where we left off in Origins. The blurb fills a lot in, and I don't want to rehash or spoil. From here we see Argus undergoing changes in both the physical and mental areas. Some of it is due to his special DNA, but some of it is due to not having Tai for the first time in his life.

The first half sets the stage as new and old conflicts arise. But we also see a journey for Argus and even though I already loved him from Origins, I love him even more as he struggles. That's good, solid writing right there. Ms. Gabel doesn't rely on the previous story to make us care. She gave us a new and better reason to keep turning the page.

Great for the YA lovers and sci-fi lovers alike. It's a rather soft sci-fi so even if it's not your normal genre, it won't clunk you down with tongue numbing terminology. Plenty of conflict, action, and sprinklings of romance for lovers of those genres too. Really the trilogy has surprised me and I'm patiently awaiting the final installment.

*I received a copy in exchange for my honest opinion
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink