Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

on October 27, 2009
My five year old granddaughter loved the first Tinker Bell movie (Tinker Bell (BD Live) [Blu-ray]) and has been anticipating this one with regular updates to me on just how many days still remained until it would be "available in stores everywhere on DVD and Blu-Ray Disc". I picked it up early today and we were able to watch it together this afternoon.

Though my enjoyment of the film could not possibly have matched the pleasure I took in watching my granddaughter's face glow with joy, gasp with dismay and dissolve into laughter as SHE watched the film, I'm happy to admit that I darned well liked it, too.

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure in a genuine delight. Moms, dads and grandparents should be entertained right along with the little ones. The story of friendship, arguments, placing blame and taking responsibility is a very good one for the target audience (and the rest of us as well, for that matter). But above and beyond the story, what really stands out for me in this film is the incredible amount of creativity that lies behind it. The Imagineers have done a wonderful job "tinkering" with the natural elements of Pixie Hollow to make everything: clothing, tools, everyday items, machines to complete each fairy's work, etc. It's so much fun to see what they come up with. My favorite touch was the cricket clock.

I also enjoyed getting a chance to go beyond Pixie Hollow and see a little more of the world surrounding Neverland. I liked seeing more of Terence, got a big kick out of the wise owl (there are more scenes with the owl in the extras), loved the calla lily trumpets and found the trolls very amusing.

Extras: Though I'm sure she wasn't getting all the jokes, the "bloopers" had both my granddaughter and me laughing out loud. I was also happy to see some of the beautiful drawings from In the Realm of the Never Fairies: Secret World of Pixie Hollow, The (Disney Fairies), which I absolutely loved, used in one of the other bonus features, "The Magical Guide to Pixie Hollow".

I've heard that two or three additional Tinker Bell films are planned, with the next being Tinker Bell & The Great Fairy Rescue. I can only hope my granddaughter anticipates the coming films with the same enthusiasm she anticipated this one and that I'll be with her as she views each of them for the first time so that I can watch her face reflect their magic as well.

Happily recommended.

Note: Even if purchasers don't currently have a Blu-ray player, they might want to consider purchasing the Blu-ray Combo Pack (Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (Two Disc + BD Live) [Blu-ray]) rather than this DVD because it includes both the Blu-ray disc AND the DVD. That way, should they get a Blu-ray player sometime down the road, they would have the Blu-ray version already. (I only paid about $5 more for the combo pack, which I thought was a good buy.)
22 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.