Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

on December 22, 2013
I researched long and hard before purchasing a P&S underwater camera, I finally chose this one for two reasons 1. Fujifilm has done the most R&D in the underwater camera game and 2. I had to buy something bc time was running out before I left for my vacation.
So...
I took my fuji down 15+feet and the photos came out amazing, I took it on several very rough catamaran trips even shooting video that sounded great and looked amazing. Of course the wind and sail were whipping in the mic but you could hear us laughing and having fun. I treated this camera much like I do my expensive one, padded case, always strapped to my wrist, except it got wet and sandy and went into my beach bag. I was super careful not to get tanning oils on it and rinsed it off within an hour. I only opened the battery chamber when absolutely necessary and only after the camera was allowed to air dry.

Note for diving/snorkeling: If the sun is behind a cloud life underwater is pretty black and white... I thought my camera (and maybe my mask) was malfunctioning. If you dive in shallow water with the sand stirring up, pictures will be hazy. If you shoot at the surface on underwater mode you'll have red or purple photos.. (I'm no pro photog I know there's a red filter but can't remember why) My finger got in the lens only once during my 6 hours underwater, it was an easy crop. I did not use a float strap because they didn't feel right, the lanyard that comes with the camera cinches up nicely around my wrist. I held my camera up when I entered the water as not to bash it against the water.

Battery Life: the battery that came with the camera had good life, the backup off brand I bought... not so good. I think power levels fluctuate in other countries so a full charge wasn't always a full charge for me in Jamaica.

Indoor/Outdoor photos: use the settings and available light wisely, your photos will be sharper.

Wireless to my iPhone was so simple and fast. You don't need an internet connection to send to your device... GPS and clock were nice. I didn't have to wear a watch.

So
1. Easy to take single handed photos
2. The power button is close to the shoot button but has a different texture, I turned it off and missed a few shots at first.
3. Go easy on the battery chamber
4. Watch out for tanning oils and lotions, I actually used a tiny bit of bar soap and water after handling it with oily hands and rinsed it very well.
5. Buy a name brand back up battery
6. Use a float strap if you plan to be on the water but it wasn't useful for me diving
6. READ THE BOOKLET ... It's a very user friendly camera but you'll do better faster if you read through the book.

This camera performed above and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend it for the water and beach.
22 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.