Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 5, 2012
I will admit that DEFIANCE was a bit slow for me for the first forty pages, but then BOOM, DEFIANCE hits a high mark and becomes one of my favorite fantasy novels I've ever read. CJ Redwine is an author to watch.

Rachel Adams: the kick-butt heroine that the YA market needs nowadays. Right from the very first page, I knew that the main protagonist would not be annoying, and would be strong, fierce and fearless; exactly what I like it characters. I just want to thank CJ Redwine for making such an awesome character!

And then we come to Logan, the love interest of DEFIANCE. Do you know what's the cool thing about the chemistry between Logan and Rachel? It doesn't overshadow the plot. And Logan was actually a really good character as well! He was strong and very intelligent with every thing he does. And then we come to the wicked Commander, who is seriously one of the best antagonists I've read in 2012. Not only is his mind set to take over anything that isn't in his power already, but he also is sneaky and clever, making sure nobody knows where he is. Even though we're suppose to hate him with a passion, I really enjoyed reading about him; he's just so mean, it's sometimes enjoyable.

And this plot. Original. Unique. Fresh. EPIC. That sums up the plot. The first forty pages were pretty slow, but after we hit that page count, the action, pace, plot and romance just sky-rockets. I was sucked into this story and it made me not want to set the book down. Any. And with all the crazy action scenes featuring the Cursed One, the Commander, and just Rachel and Logan, I couldn't hold myself back from flipping those pages.

*cough cough* THE CURSED ONE. Such a cool beast! CJ Redwine describes its terror and destruction it causes so vividly, I could see everything happening in my head. The Cursed One was definitely one of my favorite parts of DEFIANCE.

And gosh, those last 100 pages. Fantastic epicness were filled into those final 100 pages, and I couldn't contain myself from flipping those pages. And I just have one message: BOOK TWO, PLEASE COME SOONER. Seriously, I think CJ Redwine is trying to emotionally kill me on the wait for the sequel to DEFIANCE. Need it now.

I think I could go on even longer for my feelings for the incredible DEFIANCE. Even though the beginning had its slow patches here and there, DEFIANCE is definitely not one to miss. CJ Redwine has went up on my top list for fantasy authors!
What's this?