Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars Full circle, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Cleanblend 3HP 1800-Watt Commercial Blender (Kitchen)
I wanted a blender for making smoothies. That was all really. I have made ice cream as well and I am getting a little more adventurous now. I know that you can make all sorts of things with blenders now, but my review is basically of the Cleanblend as my daily smoothie machine. I have used Blendtec and VitaMix blenders and while there is some variation in the final product the difference between those and the Cleanblend if anything is negligible. I took a chance on this because the price was significantly less and the reviews were positive. I am very happy with the purchase and I have been using the blender daily for over a month with no issues at all. I would definitely recommend this product. The only thing I could say negative about the Cleanblend in comparison to the others mentioned earlier is that the warranty is much shorter (2 years). I am not terribly concerned about this though. I feel like I got great value in this purchase regardless.

*** Update ***

And I spoke too soon. Plastic is shredding off of the piece of the base that spins, it makes an awful noise and the base tries to spin while in operation. This all began while making a typical smoothie. I should have bit the bullet and bought the new VitaMix model at Costco for $374 (it also has a 7 year warranty). I guess I will try to have it replaced, but I would rather not have it now to be honest. Trying to save $174 on something I intend to use for years was not the best decision. I left it as 2 stars because there is the possibility I got the bad unit, I don't know. I was happy initially so I can't give it 1 star for breaking.

*** 2nd Update ***

Cleanblend's service could not have been better. Initially I wanted a refund and I was going to buy a different blender, but they were so quick with responses and accommodating that I decided to stick with it. I have my new blender now, they did not make me ship the defective one back and I received a refund. Could not ask for more, not to mention that all took place in a short period of time. I went back to my original 5 star rating because the product itself I am very happy with. I am going to assume that I happened to receive one defective unit, they went above and beyond taking care of it so I will base my rating on the working product. It has a very potent electrically powered motor with what I would imagine is a fair number of moving parts and stress bearing parts. Fails are inevitable. Hopefully I get years of use out of my blender now.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2014, 7:29:03 AM PDT
Nicole P. says:
Hey there,
I was wondering what you thought of their customer service when you told them about the broken blender? Did they send you a new one, refund your money, how'd that work?
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2014, 11:46:33 AM PDT
Eric B says:
They were great. I have not taken the time to update the review yet but I will. They sent me a new blender, did not make me ship them the broken one and gave me a refund. This all happened quickly, their response to everything was very fast. A+ for service, could not have asked for anything more. At first I just wanted my money back and I intended to go buy a Vitamix from Costco, but I decided to give it another go because of the service. I will up my stars on the review and hope for the best.

Posted on Oct 1, 2014, 10:15:05 AM PDT
Boofdorf says:
Hey Eric,
I'm gonna wait to buy one until you post another update to see if the replacement falls apart like your first one.
Thanks, Erik

Posted on Dec 21, 2014, 11:26:11 AM PST
None of these things works perfectly. I believe that the marketing has been perfected to a higher degree than the technology, in the highly competitive world of blenders: The Spirit is willing, but the Gears are weak). Anyway, foolishly I splurged a few years back, and bought the all-stainless-steel-container model for $475 that Vita Mix offered, (an option no longer available today at any price). The first time I used it - to make peanut butter - I had to prod and poke at the gummy mess with the long wooden tool that the Vita Mix people had thoughtfully provided, specifically for making peanut butter, (sort of a "workaround" for lack of proper equipment). Then, after a while I heard a loud grinding and the strong smell of burning rubber/plastic, and my smoke alarms went off throughout the house. And, mind you, this was the very first time I ever used this monster. After contacting Vita Mix, they recommended that I send it back to them for analysis and reflection. They do offer a wonderful guarantee, but it does not include the hassle of wrapping this thing, taking it to the PO, and paying for postage and insurance (I hoped that it would get lost or stolen). After some passage of weeks, it was returned, all better and ready for more fun and games. However, after that I bought Laura Scudder's peanut butter, and I recall making 3 or 4 "smoothies" or whatever, which came to about $100 per glass of smoothness. Therein lies the evidence that even Vita Mix, the titular King of blenders can falter and achieve that sad and curious "1 star" on the Amazon Hall of Shame. Oh, how the mighty have fallen, and often the meek shall inherit the 5-stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2015, 2:05:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 14, 2017, 12:07:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 8, 2015, 2:28:22 AM PDT
80sGuy says:
What can go wrong with receiving TWO FREE Blenders (kept original broken one, got new working) plus a A REFUND? This is more than a win-win, it is a triple knockout! Cruel to say but I'd sell the new Cleanblend and put my money towards a nice Vitamix Professional Series 300- Onyx, or even the Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender. But then on a second thought, the folks at Cleanblend are so nice that I don't think I can take such advantage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2015, 12:28:50 AM PDT
Right! My thought's exactly!

Posted on Jul 18, 2015, 12:29:23 AM PDT
Wow! That's a win win situation !

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2015, 3:03:43 PM PDT
Smudginator says:
I certainly hope they are as great with me considering I had to go through facebook to let them know my container was defective before I even got the chance to use it. Did that today hope it works out well for me.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015, 12:21:53 AM PDT
James says:
How is the replacement blender doing? I'm assuming you've had it for a while now.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›