Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on November 1, 2012
Purchase/Shipment: This product was purchased because of the brand recognition I have of Pelican products. I use anything Pelican in order to safely secure my valuables when I travel. The product was ordered and arrived in two (2) days using Amazon Prime's great two-day shipping option! The item was packaged in a bubble mailer and did not suffer any damage upon arrival.

30-Day Evaluation: The TSA-approved lock is what I consider a "low-security" lock. I say this because it is very easy to pick TSA-approved locks in general, regardless of brand. I would only use this lock on items that are in your direct possession while you are traveling (i.e. carry-on bag, backpack, briefcase, etc.). However, if you expect to use this lock on something like a public locker, chances are you will find your lock open and empty when you return. Bottom line, use this lock only if you are willing to part with whatever you are securing if you decide to step away from your secured items for long periods of time.

I used this lock while deploying to Afghanistan. The lock was used to secure my carry-on backpack while I transited the various airports and terminals. I thought of the lock as more of a "deterrent" than an actual means of security while I sat waiting for my next mode of transportation to my next destination. The lock seamlessly opens whenever you use your chosen three-digit combination. Then again, this lock is only secured by a metal clasp that grips a thin, but sturdy, cable.

The lock works well for what it is designed to do and kept my backpack secure during my entire trip downrange. It was great for locking zippers that are at odd angles or are of different sizes. The cable-lock method makes this possible. Again, choose the right lock for the right occasion. With that said, this lock works as it is designed to do and am still an advocate of Pelican-branded products!
33 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.