Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on January 22, 2009
Creative Zen X-Fi 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Built-In Speaker (Black/Silver)

I purchased this 8GB Zen X-Fi after doing some extensive internet research. I must say, I absolutely love it! My son has an iPod Nano 8GB (3gen) and when he saw the Zen X-Fi he asked if we could trade players.

The player is exceptionally good-looking and very well put together! I've read reviews where people complain about the fact the player's back plate is made of plastic, so what?!? This makes it very light, and yet has a solid feeling to it. You have to get yourself one, it's downright gorgeous!

I found the player's user interface to be very user-friendly, the menus are very easy to access and understand. Some reviewers have said the player's buttons on the front panel are too small; this has not been an issue to me, I think they're perfect for the size of the player.

I have not yet used the software included with the player, I connected it last night to my laptop to charge and then downloaded some music into the player using Windows Explorer (it was a breeze, just drag & drop!). I was amazed at the download speed: I put in 4 CDs (about 12 songs each) and each took about 10 seconds to download! (No iTunes for me! But I'll have to keep it for my son's iPod)

The sound quality is excellent, with the included in-ear headphones (which are absolutely great!) and with the external speaker. I listened to some audiobook samples that came pre-loaded with the player and can't say enough about how great the sound is! Video playback is awesome, very crisp and clear. Same thing about pictures, they look fantastic!

I like the fact that I can increase the storage capacity with the SD Memory Card slot, this is something the iPods are seriously lacking. The FM Radio Tuner and the Voice Recorder is a nice feature to have too. The player also has an Organizer, which is a feature that I have yet to explore.

Overall, at this price range, and with all the features and niceties, it really doesn't get any better than the Zen X-Fi.
11 comment| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.