BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

After Seth's best friend dies he starts having trouble playing live shows with his band and develops stage fright. He blames himself for the death of Isaac and also feels guilty for having a one night stand with his dead friend's girlfriend Kendall. He buries his feelings in alcohol and drugs and pretty much goes about life without any purpose until he meets Rosetta and begins to change his ways and straighten up. I really loved Rosetta, who also has a big secret and demons that she's trying to deal with but was able to help Seth change and gave him a reason to pretty much live and enjoy his life again. I loved that they were both two emotionally damaged characters that were able to help and support each other, even with all of the terrible guilt that they lived with.

The story is told from a male point of view as you can already guess, and that's one of the reason why I liked Freefall so much, but not only that, Mindi Scott did an amazing job with Seth's voice because it was believable and real. I felt like I was in the mind of a real guy, the way Seth thinks and talks is what I imagine a guy to be like. Yes, there's plenty of language on this one, I mean it is from a male pov after all, but it didn't change the fact that it was still a wonderful story and I think that's what made it easier for me to feel a connection to the characters because it wasn't sugar coated, it was realistic.

Seth goes through plenty of pretty vivid emotions that will melt your heart that at one point he almost made me cry. I loved Seth, he's definitely a swoon worthy character and not just a pretty face but he was sometimes intense but also sort of shy at the same time, specially towards Rosetta. I also really loved Mrs. Dalloway and even though she's not a major character in the story I thought she played a really important part in helping Seth heal and I wished there were teachers like her in every high school. I definitely recommend Freefall, it's not only an emotional story about the way Seth deals with his grief but also a story of love and learning to live again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink