Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 18, 2013
Great size and lots of pockets! Strap extends very long. I really like this bag, however, the reason I am only giving it 3 stars is because it smells terrible! It smells like basement/mildew with just a hint of Leather. The smell was so strong that it stunk up the whole first floor of my house. Since I would not be able to use it, I thought I might as well try washing it. I did just that! I put it in the washing machine and then let it air dry outside in the Sun. That helped reduce the smell but it is still strong. I am keeping the bag, but I will not use it until I can eliminate a bit more of the smell.

Update: May 24, 2013

The bag still smelt too strong to use so, after some research, I discovered that to eliminate odors from Leather, you can place the item in an airtight bag with Baking Soda for five days and that should help remove the odors.I placed the Leather bag in an airtight bag with about 2 cups of Baking Soda for five days (shaking and turning the bag over at least once every day), and it worked! I tried shaking the Baking soda off of the bag and wiping it with a damp cloth, but I could still feel it when I put my hand in the pockets, so back in the washing machine it went. I let it air dry outside for a day, and there is only a very faint smell of Leather left. I am so glad this worked because I really like this bag!
55 comments| 356 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?