Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on August 19, 2012
I bought these (not through Amazon - at B&H in NY) before a 10 hour flight to Istanbul, had no chance to try before the flight. Previously I owned the Audio-Technica ATH ANC3 and the Sony MDRNC33 both of which are priced around $50.
I find the Denon lacking in both the sound quality (very low bass performance, making the music very flat) and especially noise reduction as compared to the other two. I use the Audio-Technica ATH ANC3, my son uses the Sony MDRNC33, and the Denon was a gift for my wife. I had all three earphones on the flight and could compare them. Sony and Audio-Technica were almost equal in sound quality and noise reduction, Denon was much lower in both aspects, in my opinion.
Knowing what I know now, I would not buy it for any price, as this performance is way below my expectations, if it were selling for $10, it would not tempt me. $200 is in my opinion completely outrageous. I pity myself for having bought this at $200 and painting myself in a corner where I cannot return it. This is to help you avoid the same mistake. At least listen to it before you buy, sound performance would be enough to dissuade you.
11 comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.