Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 28, 2011
I bought this maker with a few colleagues. As it is my first soy milk maker I don't have comparisons. However I do believe it works wonders for what it is supposed to do.

I'd skip the PRO parts since it's been said enough, which also compelled me to get this model. Let me jump into the CONs, which is more an annoyance during my use, if people do care.

1. The container heats up very quickly while it's working. I accidentally touched it and almost got burned. I have no doubt it meets safety requirement but if any suggestions I'd say provide better insulation for the bottom container so it won't be uncomfortable to touch/handle. After it is not a cast iron product, around which I'd know to handle with extreme caution.

2. The indication of "COMPLETE" is not clear enough to me. I heard from other people there would be a series of beeping sounds upon completing working cycles. However I missed it as I was watching TV in another room. As I came back and checked on it I couldn't tell where it stood in the working cycle. The reds lights were both still on and stayed RED. I would suggest a GREEN indicator light to signal completion of cycle. It shouldn't take much to do that.

3. The markers for water level are very difficult to read on the reflective/shiny interior material of the container. The lighting is normal in my kitchen. I had to turn it around several times to locate those tiny bars. It's difficult to tell where to stop also as I added water. Those should be clearly marked and visible to users. I don't want to lose my eye sight just by searching for those.

Those are tiny issues but a good indicator for quality high-end products, maybe this is not shooting for that category. Some convenience will be appreciated from a regular user, or one planned to be.
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?