Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

VINE VOICEon November 5, 2012
As I slowly watched this book climbing the Amazon Seller's list, I decided to cave and give it a try. I am a sucker for a fast moving book. I figure if it is moving that fast, it must be a winner right? I admit, I liked the book. There were a few problems with it, but I still enjoyed it overall.

I think the main problem I had with this book was the choppy beginning. The way it flowed and stilted at times, it made me think I was reading a short story -- or a novella. I thought it moved quickly, the story would jump around and expected to have it end quickly. This wouldn't be so bad if it were actually a novella and I was expecting it. With Charade though, it is a full length book and it definitely needs to have that worked out.

Once you get past the first half of this book though, it evens out and I found myself enjoying it. While Colt is suppose to be this bad boy, I never could see him as that. Yes he cusses a bunch, but cuss words do not make a bad boy. He is actually sweet, caring and smart. Cheyenne was not a favorite character of mine. She came across weak and whiny, something I don't think the author really wanted her portrayed as by the end of the book. Colt was the character that carried this story until the end.

The side characters were predictable and fell into the roles they were meant to. We have Andy, who is Cheyennes dorm mate who just happens to be a best friend when pages need to be filled. We have Adrian who is suppose to Colts druggie best friend, but actually has times of deep thought processes when a great listener is needed.

This book will also pull on your heart strings as a character is suffering from cancer. You hope for a good outcome, but sometimes life doesn't give you that. So tissues are recommended for those parts.

Overall, a good book that I am glad I read. I hope the author can create a better beginning though for the next book in this series so a reader is not tempted to put it down before getting to the good parts!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.