Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

VINE VOICEon December 5, 2005
"Are you ready? Even you people behind the glass pane at the back of the hall! Are you ready?"

Early today I wrote a review about the Stones Get Yer Ya Ya's Out and mentioned this Humble Pie set. Later today my neighbor was annoying me with what must be 50' subwoofers playing Earth Wind and Fire "Bah-de-ah Bah-de-ah-de-ah-da". I got in the car to escape that sugary racket. I drove over to the Fry's electronics mega-store in Tempe AZ and picked this sucker up. It is blazin' away as I type this. I'll bet I haven't heard this in 30 years. It is SSSSSSSSSMOKIN'!!!

I'm betting that when Steve Marriott was a kid his mother fed him large doses of Ritalin each day to keep him from burning the house down (no disrespect intended, Marriott actually died when his house burned down). There's enough energy here to shut down the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant, plug in and power the entire valley (Phoenix metropolis) with this live session of Pie!

When a 17 year old boy listens to this recording (I'm being autobiographical here folks), he just doesn't have a real appreciation for what a consumate entertainer Steve Marriott really was. What a shame he's gone. I'm listening to this with a more mature set of ears tonight and it really is superb. Marriott and the audience are having a heck of a great time together. He's like a guitar-totin' blues-powered Evangelist calling the audience out to convert! They're all out there singing "I'm a Rollin' Stone" along with Marriott. Now I can see why Mick Jagger said "absolutely no Marriott!" to Keith Richards when Marriott auditioned to take Mick Taylor's place in the Rolling Stones. This CD really makes me wish I could go back in a time machine and witness this performance because a CD or an LP or a cassette tape really can't capture this kind of excitement and energy. I believe Frampton should push A&M to remaster this classic and release an anniversary edition sometime soon. Until then, we'll just have to make do with this AAD remaster. It's ok sound-wise and don't let the short track list fool you, there is almost a 73 minute helping of pure Pie goodness here. What are you waiting for? Click your cart button already!

...And I am definitely ordering the Humble Pie King Biscuit Concert where The Pie sounds as good or even better (if that's really possible)!

Now, where was I? Oh yeah,
"TAKE THAT NEIGHBOR!!! TAKE THAT!!!!!
A-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaah! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?!!!!"
88 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.