Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on January 28, 2012
Prior to ordering the swivel recliner, I read several reviews on the Wayfair website. The reviews were either glowing or really condemned the product. I decided to take a chance and order 2 chairs for my TV room. What was I thinking?
We received the swivel recliners promptly from Wayfair. We opened one box and proceeded to assemble the first chair. Although the chair is promoted as "Conroy Swivel Recliner Leather," it is not leather, it is plastic or "leatherette" as Wayfair prefers to call the fabric. It was easy to assemble...only 4 steps and 6 parts. After the chair was assembled I discovered that if I sat in the chair my feet don't touch the floor (I'm 5'5" tall). When my husband sits in the chair it makes a noise as if it's going to collapse. Neither my husband nor I could raise the footrest with the lever alone. We had to pull up the footrest with one hand as we pulled the lever forward with the other. The lever is very hard to move with one hand. The locking mechanism does not work, thus you can't lock the seatback in any reclined position.
We returned the chair in the unopened box to Wayfair. They are very good at taking back unopened boxes (I guess they're used to returns)and make the process an easy one. Unfortunately, Wayfair does not take back assembled furniture. We will never use this chair and since we can't return it, we will donate it to a charity just to get it out of our home.
Next time I will pay attention to negative reviews before I click on "order now."
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.