Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 9, 2012
Although I don't have much to say about the recipes in this book yet, I do want to let you know that the paper is slick and the type is light. It's 158 pages with some nice photos, and the recipes look like a cross between Paula Deen's and Martha Stewart's to me. Ruby doesn't seem to use as much butter as Paula does, though.

Whoever designed the layout did a great job. With a table of contents, an index, and notations at the tops of the pages, it's easy to find the recipes you're looking for, and there's a nice variety of them. Now, if they'd just laid the ink on a little thicker, I'd be hard-pressed to find anything bad to say about this book.

The CD is an unusual addition. I'm looking forward to listening to it. Hubby is sleeping, or I'd have already done it. Didn't feel like dragging out my headphone contraption tonight.

Oh, yeah, I love the title of the book. That's what really grabbed my attention, plus the fact that the author, Ruby Dee, and I both live in Austin, TX. I'm adding some local color to my cookbook shelves.

Now, Ruby, where do I find those Yellow Finn and White Rose potatoes?
22 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?