Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 22, 2012
I started the Rosetta Stone program this week and it got me so frustrated in the pronunciation parts that I gave up on it. It says I'm pronouncing it wrong and tells me to try again when I know I'm doing it right, after a couple of times repeating it exactly the same, it would say that I said it right. One time I got frustrated and said a bad word in my language and it said I had pronounced the sentence correctly! It is a good program to get you to want to learn more about the language, and it does teach good basics which is why I'm giving it 2 stars not one, but I would get a good textbook that has exercises especially grammar ones including the verbs because I can't imagine anyone really learning conversational skills through this program.
11 comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi D. Galea,

I'm sorry to hear that the pronunciation exercises weren't accepting the correct answers! I have a few tips to help with the speech recognition, taken from a Success Central article. (You can read the full article at http://success.rosettastone.com/articles/en_US/Text/Tips-to-optimize-for-the-speech-recognition)
For best results, use a USB device: either a USB headset or USB earbuds equipped with a microphone.

Make sure your headset's microphone is positioned beside your mouth and approximately 1 inch away from your cheek.

During speaking exercises, wait 2 seconds after the beep to begin speaking.

Make sure your USB-headset is your default sound input/output device

Lower your Speech Precision Level (There are instructions on how to do so in the article).

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to reply right here; I'm happy to help!