Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

VINE VOICEon January 28, 2011
This is our first flat screen/LCD/HD TV (it's also our first LG). I think the TV is excellent for the price we paid (<$400). The picture quality is amazing on the HD channels of our local cable company. Some images look as if they're in 3D, they're so crystal clean with amazing color and egdes. Some channels look like they're 1080 rather than the 720 then this TV is set for. The menus are easy to use and figure out. Set up was a cinch (EXCEPT for the stand which is an extremely poor design -- VERY difficult to get two of the screws to lineup and took us longer to accomplish this than set up the TV, connect it to the cable box and find our ideal settings). The CLEAR VOICE option is great, and I like that you can turn it on or off, and adjust the level at which you want the clear voice to be heard. I've picked up lines in movies I've seen hundred of times that I'd never heard before!

What I don't like about the TV is that most of the sound settings sound a little "canned" or hollow. For example, when set to the CINEMA setting, I don't detect any obvious difference from the SPORTS or GAMING or even my PERSONAL?USER SETTINGS. There's an echo or emptiness to the sound. I know I can purchase a sound system and/or higher quality speakers, but I don't want to spend addtl money for better sound. Overall it's good sound quality, but I wish it sounded more solid and around me.

I also don't like the fact that there's no CAPTION option when using an HDMI or Component Cables. The only way to access the Caption feature is to use the Antenna input. This seems more like a downgrade rather than an upgrade from our previous TV. I prefer to watch television with the captions on, and while I can turn them on through our cable box, I'd prefer to control them through the TV along with the volume and picture features.

Overall, very happy with the TV and while this was our first LG purchase, I'm certain it won't be our last - I'd highly recomment LG for your next TV
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.