Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on August 22, 2009
I once considered Timex watches to be the only reliable, yet affordable, brand on the market. I need to revise that opinion.

I've purchased 3 Timex watches in as many years. The last 2 were this model, which I purchased at a "buy one, get the other at half off" sale..

I simply prefer analog watches to digital and this simple, unadorned style has an uncluttered, easy to read face, as well as the battery-sapping, but useful, Indiglo feature for viewing in low light.

When the first of this model stopped working, I had the battery replaced. Unfortunately, this needs to be done by a jeweler, as the back cover can be removed, but requires a jeweler's press to put it back on.

A new battery failed to solve the problem. i returned the watch to Timex for repair under warranty. This repair was effective for only a few months before the watch stopped working again. Another new battery didn't solve the problem.

"C'est la vie," I thought, and simply began using the second watch that I'd purchased. This latest one has worked for 6 months before dying. Again, a new battery installed by a jeweler has failed to work.

I've never tested the water resistance recommendations by wearing it while showering or submerging it.

Between the 2 watches, I've spent over 40 dollars in battery replacements and shipping in less than 2 years to discover that the problem was with the watches.
55 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?