7 of 10 people found the following review helpful
CoD: Prestige Edition,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts Prestige Edition - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
In my honest opinion, Ghosts is a pretty good game. Yes, it does have it's flaws but for the most part, I enjoyed it. The campaign of CoD never fails to bore me and Ghosts campaign didn't either. The ending does leave a cliffhanger and hints at a Ghosts 2.
+ Campaign is good just like any other CoDs.
+ MP is ok. A number of new weapons, lethals, etc., to choose from.
+ I haven't experienced any horrible lag yet. I'm playing Wired connection.
+ Wider mini-map.
+ Addition of the Marksman weapon class.
+ Some weapons have 'Integrations' such as Silencers, Foregrips, and Laser Sights. The Honey Badger, for example, has a Silencer attachment integrated on the weapon so you can use the open 2 slots for other attachments like a Foregrip and Extended Mags.
+ Lobby and Personal Scoreboard at the upper-right screen. No more pressing Select to view how many kills you have. Viewing the Scoreboard doesn't take up the whole screen like it did in the past CoDs.
+ It's limited but your character can be customized. Can changed gender, head, headgear, and uniforms. There are even Special Uniforms you can choose (Ghillie Suit).
+ Hit detection is really good. I really hated it in BO2.
+ Field Orders are a nice addition. Though I still prefer regular Care Packages as a Killstreak.
+ Love the new movements and Sliding. No more dull vaulting animations when vaulting over obstacles or walls and Sliding helps you slide to cover and is useful for avoiding grenades and such.
+ Dynamic and Interactive elements in maps. Some maps allow you close doors, move mine cars, blow up doors to reveal new pathways to use them to your strategic advantage.
+ The New Perk System:
- IW has a new Perk system. I like it... but at the same time I don't. Here's how the new Perk System works. Assuming you already have picked out a Primary Weapon, a Secondary Weapon, a Lethal, and a Tactical, you'll have 8 slots free in the Perks section to fill them with Perks. Perks range from 1 point to 5 points. Picking a perk that requires 2 points will take up 2 slots. So you'll have to pick a combination of Perks that adds up to how many free slots you have. For example, I like running Ready Up (1), Marathon (2), On The Go (1), Focus (2), and Hardline (2). The numbers in parentheses show you how much the Perks takes up. So you see, I've used up all 8 slots already and I can no longer equip anymore perks. To gain more slots, you can remove your equipment such Lethal, Tactical, Secondary Weapon or Primary Weapon. Removing one of these will free up one slot for each removed. Get it? No? Ok... (Note: Attachments on weapons DO NOT take up any Perk slots.)
+ Class creation is simple and Strike Packages makes a return (which I really like). Unlocking equipment is a bit like BO1 and you use points obtained from playing MP to unlock Weapons, attachments, Perks, etc. (Note: Any attachment, weapon, perks, etc., can be purchase at ANY level if you have the points to unlock them. Perks can be unlock at certain levels for free, but if you need a higher level Perk, you can unlock it if you have the points to do so. You don't have to wait until you've reach that level to unlock it.)
+ Clan Wars. I'm currently not in a Clan so I don't have much to say about it. Basically your Clan goes up against other Clans to control a point. Something like that. And you receive special Gear and Camos by doing so.
- The PS3 version looks pretty bad in terms of visuals. Bad textures and shadows. When you start a match, textures of the environment and your weapons are blurry and focuses in after a few seconds. Sometimes, I can hardly make out enemies in the distant. Most of us who've came to play Ghosts from BO2 will notice the downgrade in visuals even though they are two games made by two different studios. I'm guessing it's because it was also being developed for next-gen.
- Map design is horrendous and bland with no vibrant colors. I can barely see enemies in some areas. This is CoD, not Metal Gear Solid. A few of the maps are just way too big. Seriously, who approved these maps?
- SAT COMs.
- Killstreaks are horrible. Most of the Support Killstreaks are worthless. Assault Killstreaks are not satisfying to use. Even the highest Assault Killstreak is not worth getting.
-They've changed how Specialist works:
-You no longer get all Perks after x amount of Kills. You'll get to choose 3 Perks to get when you get a set amount of kills. You're choice Perks will determine how many kills you need before you get that Perk. For example if you choose a Perk that is 1 point, you'll need 2 kills to get that Perk. Choosing a Perk that is 2 points will require 3 kills and so on. This will also effect how many kill you need to get your 'Bonus'. For the Bonus Perks, you'll get 8 Perk slots to choose your choice of Perks. When you get x amount of kills, you'll then receive these Perks.
- Time to kill is way to fast. So the first to shoot will most likely win the gunfight.
- Lack of any useful Launchers.
- Perk System has it's flaws too. It's inferior to BO2's Pick 10. I really wish IW would have attachments give you some perks like how they did in BO2. If you want a high cost Perk, you'll have to sacrifice your equipment for it. I feel some of the Perks are worthless to use like Gambler and Deadeye.
- 'Prestige' works differently in Ghosts. You have 10 Squad members to play and unlock. Once you reach max level on a Squad member, you Prestige automatically. Playing and leveling up the next Squad member will proceed to next Prestige.
- Squads is a pointless mode that no one plays.
- Shotguns have stupidly short range even with the Muzzle Brake attachment and ADS.
- C4s have a slight delay when throwing them. I've killed myself a number of times because of this. -_-
- This is a personally gripe I have with IW but selecting and calling in Killstreaks is too damn slow! Look at BO2 and how fast you can scroll through and use the one you want. I can't tell how much I hate how slow it is to scroll up and down your Killstreaks! Not to mention how slow it is for the player to press the Activate button on the remote to call in your Killstreak. Fix this sh*t IW! I hope your next CoD isn't like this.
Extinction: I personally, am not a fan of Zombies and don't play it often so this mode wasn't really for me. I've only played it twice or so but quickly got bored. Basically you just fight Aliens in waves as you make your way through a town and purchase weapons and upgrade along the way. There's four different Classes to play as so each member playing a different Class is crucial to success.
Extras: With the Prestige Edition you'll get the Season pass, special player backgrounds, patches, camo, the Free Fall DLC map, special reticule, a paracord bracelet, and...the Tactical Camera! The camera is the best feature of this edition. While most people will argue that this is inferior and isn't worth it compared to other Prestige Edt. of CoD in the past, I still love it. The quality is good but not great. It's way more inferior to a GoPro or even a CONTOUR action cam. It can record in 1080p @ 30FPS and 720p @ 60FPS. I can't say for sure how good the battery is because they only provide you with a 4GB microSD and that's only about 40-60 minutes max of footage. I'll probably go purchase a bigger size microSD and do a long recording and see how long the battery can last. I only recorded the videos at 720p. It works best in well-lit areas but it performs poorly at night. Be warned, it's only Water-resistant and NOT Waterproof. You can't submerge it. I don't want to test it and risk destroying the camera. Probably recording in the rain won't cause any harm to the camera.
All-in-all it's a solid game. It's not perfect and has more cons than pros but I still enjoyed playing. This edition has a code to upgrade to the PS4 version for free and I suggest you do so before the code expires. The PS3 version is still playable but it's probably better to move to next-gen like the rest before the PS3 becomes obsolete and no one is playing this game anymore on current-gen... or you could just get the Prestige Edition for the PS4. I'd say that's the way to go. There're currently about 150,000+ players online at launch but it's likely to decrease over the next few years.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2013, 1:23:54 AM PST
really? the perk system is the worst iv seen
‹ Previous 1 Next ›