Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Now STEM

1,644 of 1,864 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Joe ain't no average American, March 2, 2009
This review is from: Joe the Plumber: Fighting for the American Dream (Hardcover)
RINO spinmeisters, aided and abetted by the liberal media, have promoted Joe the Plumber as being an everyman, the archetypical "average American." This book shatters that image.

Joe the Plumber is not the "average American." He's the "average conservative," and I thank God for that.

Last year, the "average American" elected an Harvard educated constitutional law professor to the presidency. Average conservatives knew better. They rallied behind Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin, people like ourselves; people I proudly call "mediocre Americans."

And that's why Joe is still so immensely popular. He's angry, vicious, ignorant, and intellectually incurious. He's one of us, and like us, he didn't learn about public policy and international relations at a university or from books or journals; he learned everything he needed to know by tuning into Rush, Hannity, Savage, and Ingraham.

This is a great book, one every true conservative should buy, and more importantly, read. Yes, I know that sounds like a tall order, but it's an easy read. Joe uses one and two syllable words (many of them, written forms of various grunts) almost exclusively. If I have one complaint, it's that the publisher, Pearlgate, printed it in ink rather than crayon like the original manuscript. Other than that, I think it truly is the perfect book for the average conservative.

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 63 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2009 7:40:48 PM PST
pattyp says:
Of course they couldn't use ink, silly. Everyone knows crayons were forged by Lucifer himself.

Oh wait, that's colored chalk. Never mind.

Posted on Mar 2, 2009 8:01:49 PM PST
M. D. Wray says:
THANK JESUS FOR GENERAL JC CHRISTIAN, PATRIOT!!!!!! Without his staunch and upright leadership, rigid and manly at all times we would truly be LOST! Our glorious nation should build a shrine to this great and manly patriot combined with the Washington Monument as the key element, if only for scale. Thank you General, I am at attention.

Posted on Mar 2, 2009 8:37:44 PM PST
Jack Knife says:
Excellent insight on this important book.

Posted on Mar 2, 2009 9:59:19 PM PST
Michael Rohm says:
What a wonderful review and recommendation! I may have to brave all of the stinky hippies and elitist "intellectuals" at my local book store for this, but I want to support this brave Conservative man!

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 3:31:07 AM PST
As a less than average type guy, this sounds like a book I can enjoy an makes me feel good. Are there lots of pictures in crayons, I like drawing in crayons too.

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 5:04:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2009 5:04:37 AM PST
Great review, though too many spoilers. Do I really need to read this book now? I think I'll wait until it comes out in audio, or better yet, as a breakfast cereal - Joe the Plumber's Honey Crusted Ballcocks.

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 6:16:10 AM PST
I aspire to mediocre like Joe and the rest of the trailer trash right-wing, but I need to
have an accident involving brain damage to qualify. Good work General.

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 7:39:58 AM PST
Lilith says:
thank God for this book, thank God for Joe the plumber, and thank God for General JC Christian for helping me to understand why conservatism in general, General, and this book in particular are what we all need to cling to in these troubled troubled times. I mean, amen to that!

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 8:47:05 AM PST
Joe the Plumber is the definitely one of the Americans today! Superlatives aren't needed when you're an "every man" like Sam, err... Joe, so I feel adequate saying that this is definitely one of America's books! Also! And ... such as.

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 9:07:07 AM PST
My dachshund is from Joe's home town and she thinks he offers a magnificent voice to the thoughts of all beasts with very small brains. A Hero for all of us.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›