Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 19, 2011
Like with alot of bands that have been around for a decent amount of time, and about to make a new release, I was definitely expecting something different from what they had done before. But the one thing I have always been quick to keep in mind is that different =/= disappointing, and I quickly discovered that this album is a genuine example of how "different" can be a good thing.

First of all, Sully is definitely a bit more laid back than he was in the first three albums for the better part of this one, and I could see how that could dissatisfy certain listeners' expectations. To me, however, I find it to be exeptionally impressive with the way he has matured in his emotional expression and wording.

Second, I especially love the way these guys get creative with songs like "War and Peace" and "Devil's Swing" - With the former, they make use of a blues-influenced rhythm and beat, which I find to be extremely catchy. With the latter, they make use of a clearly swing-influenced beat with an amazing flow that speaks for itself. Not to mention, the instrumental title-track is something which I find to be a work of art for these guys in itself.

Overall, this album is simply amazing, and I really don't think I could have asked for a better way to put my Best Buy Gift Card to use. As I see it, true metal fans like myself should not be picky about how a respectable band such as Godsmack likes to make a few creative twists or express their development and/or maturity. I honestly don't know what the people who wrote negative reviews about this are talking about. I listened to this whole thing through, and was never bored at all.

So, for all you Godsmack fans out there who do not already have this album:

BUY IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! MOST IMPORTANTLY, DO NOT LISTEN TO NEGATIVE REVIEWS WRITTEN BY PICKY, OVER-JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE! UNTIL THEN, ROCK ON!!! \m/ \m/
What's this?