Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on April 8, 2012
We wanted to illuminate some new trees in our back yard. I did not want to run low voltage wire and deal with power transformers so I started looking at solar landscape lights. We did not need them to be very bright since they are just to create a nice effect. More important than brightness was "color". We don't like the bluish white light that most led lights emit. It seems cold and harsh. These Malibu lights are one of the only solar lights i have been able to find with a light color of 3000 degrees K., which is a nice warm yellowish color. Most solar led lights produce a color around 6,000 degrees K which is bluish white. (here's a link to a Kelvin color temperature scale-- [...] ).
My problem with most of the lights with the solar panel mounted directly to the light is that optimal light placement and optimal panel placement are rarely the same place. In our situation, the preferred location for the light did not provide good sun exposure for the panel during the day. I know there are solar kits with separate lights and panels, but none of the ones i found had the color light i wanted. Therefore, I modified these lights by removing the panel from the light housing and putting a 10' wire between the light and the panel. I modified some old tent stakes to mount the panel on. Now i can locate the panel in a nice sunny spot while keeping the light where my wife wants it. So far, they are working nicely. We will probably purchase a few more for the front yard. Hopefully someone will come out with a kit with separate lights and panel that use the "warm white" led's.
1111 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.