Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service!, September 18, 2009
This review is from: Innovative Technology 35mm Negative and Slide Converter to PC (Camera)
I bought the converter to use with color slides, because my computer scanner takes 2-3 minutes for each slide, and with about 6000 slides that's just too much time.
I run Windows XP, and when I got the converter I mistakenly set it up for 64-bit Windows, when my computer is actually running 32-bit. I found out it won't work at all if you make that mistake. Once I corrected it, everything worked just fine. I did run into some difficulty with the slide tray. You have to open and close it carefully -- there are three clips (one in the middle and one on each end). If they are not all snapped shut the slide tray will get stuck. Also, be careful not to spring one of the hinges on the back of the slide tray -- that will also make it stick. In other words, the slide tray is plastic so don't treat it like it was made out of metal. I accidentally sprung one of the back hinges and the tray stuck in the device with my slides in it. I called Innovative Technologies and got complete cooperation from them. They were great!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2009 12:59:09 PM PDT
Bought this converter to save memories. Couldn't get the software to load and when I did finally get it loaded it would not recognize the camera as being ther even though my PC told me I had installed new hardware. Uninstalled the product four times on three different PC with the same result. Can't recommend this product.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2009 2:04:04 PM PST
MA, I suppose you won't read this, but one problem with older Windows versions is that if you plug int he device before you load the software, you might tell Windows not to reattempt to apply new drivers to the device.

That's why it's a good idea to install all the files before the device is ever plugged in. Just a smidge of advice... I have no idea if it applies to this device or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2010 3:19:19 AM PST
Bubba says:
I have the same problem with the device which my wife bought me for Christmas. How did you fix it? I cannot get the darn thing to recognize the device. Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2010 3:20:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2010 3:22:04 AM PST
Bubba says:
Dustin: I think I did this to my ITNS-300 which my wife gave me for Christmas. How do you undo this problem? Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2010 6:31:09 AM PST
L. Breeding says:
What fixed my problem with Windows XP not recognizing the Innovative Technology 35mm converter was this: Go to Control panel/System/Device manager and look for a yellow exclamation mark. Click on it and follow the instructions.
There is still a problem with the screen blinking, but the converter works well. More advice: Use the brush supplied to keep the static-clink cleared from the lens. It collects quickly. Be sure to lodge each slide straight and securely in its (shallow)slot in the holder and make sure all the snaps are closed. They are very hard to open. I solved this with a fingernail file.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2011 12:22:45 PM PST
Kim, If you have a web cam, disconnect it and it may cure your problem. It did for me.

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 12:19:16 PM PDT
Greg English says:
I bought this convert so that I could update my more than 10,000 slides I use for my classroom. I have many a great slide over the last 25+ years and this has help me a lot. I have moved on to a digital classroom.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›