Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

When I was a young girl I looked forward to every book that Carolyn Keene wrote. As an adult, I was so taken by the format of the Dennis Wheatley books that allowed the reader to solve the mystery by offering physical and visual clues.I believe that Kate and M.Sarah Klise have found the right combination for exciting and visually engaging childrens' books.
The other day I saw "Letters From Camp" on my daughter's desk and asked if I could read it. What a clever,engaging,entertaining,visually stimulating,and thought-provoking book. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I turned each page not only to see how the drama played out but also to see what visual surprise awaited me next.
Each character was clearly defined in text and in visual aspects, so the plot exposition is a complete experience. Besides that,it was such fun to read and follow the absurd antics of the cast of characters. We all know that children do not like their parents' music, but this tale gave new meaning to generation gap.
I'm not sure what a 10 year old would say, but this 55 year old wished her camp experiences had been a bit more like those in "Letters From Camp"; excitement at every turn.
I will be purchasing several copies for my child's school library, so that they can enjoy this kookie camp experience as well as ordering several copies from amazon.com to share as gifts for my friends' children and cousins.
Because of TV, children grow up visually and mentally more sophisticated. I think that the Klise sisters have developed a type of presentation that is engaging in text and visually stimulating to children. Bravo to them both! Children can now be part of an adventure and participate in the unfolding of a sinister plot that has danger and intrigue, along with humor and a sort of tongue in cheek approach to being scared.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.