Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on February 20, 2000
FEBRUARY 20, 2000

This book is a great tool for beginners as well as intermediate. Explains how things work in details and it's very easy to understand, the many images will help you visualize the tricks you want to learn. After reading this book I am in desperate need of snow. Snowboarding can be so addicting, this book will keep you fresh even if you have to wait until the next snowboarding season.

ADDED: April 17th, 2005 (Many years later :))

This book is a precious tool for understanding snowboarding. I'm sorry one reader here believes snowboarding books are useless, but it is not so (I wonder if he posts negative comments for all snowboarding books). I am a certified upper level snowboard instructor with national freestyle accreditation and I believe there is much to learn from books. My roommate has been riding for 15 years and kept saying nobody needs a lesson until we got to ride together and I pointed out all the bad habits he had picked through the years which were detrimental to his higher level riding. There is much to be learned from a book. This doesn't mean a book can substitute a on-hill lesson, but it is a great complement and Kevin Ryan does a superb job at explaining all things related to snowboarding in a manner that makes sense. As a matter of fact I'm writing a snowboarding book myself, but it is more of a technical manual on how to teach snowboarding for other instructors and I hope many will pick ideas that will help them improve the quality of their lessons. Kevin's book was my first snowboarding book and it helped me a lot, providing enthusiastic views, in moving from beginner to a professional playground.

ADDED: Sept. 21, 2012

More years have passed and I'm still teaching snowboarding (at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort). I've gained a few more certifications since last time I edited this review and I still believe that good books are essential to improving. After all, us instructors do get our knowledge from written material as well.
What's this?