Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

976 of 1,011 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Best electric razor I've owned - deals with neck hair well, September 26, 2010
This review is from: Philips Norelco 1150X/40 Shaver 6100 (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm 45, been shaving for ages now, and I have to say, of all the razors I've owned that are of an electric model, this one is the first one to do the complete job. What I mean by that is with electric razors of the past, I'd shave my cheeks and moustache area, and that'd all go well. When it came time to shave the hair on my neck, not so good. I'd have to do that part with a blade. Which kind of defeated the purpose really as I preferred electrics. I would replace the blades, tried a few models over the years, and I'd still have to do cleanup work (if not all the work depending on the specific unit) with a blade.

This new one though deals with the neck hair, too. I have thick course neck hair, a lot more course than the stuff on my cheeks, and I when I tried my neck hair with this new razor, I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, it worked! I was stunned, as I've never had an electric that's done that for me before.

I give this thing five stars quite easily, and without exaggeration. Feels nice in my hand, too. The heads collapse and move around to contour to my face, which is probably why it works on the neck hair so well. A lot of my previous electrics were "hard heads", which didn't contour much - if at all.

If you have hard to shave neck hair, I suggest trying this razor - it worked for me!

UPDATE (Jan 20, 2011): I posted this review in September 2010, and after I wrote it, I continued to use the razor after that. I can add that the battery life was most excellent. I did not have to recharge it until early January, so the battery lasted for about 3.5 months. Now I didn't use it every single day, I'm a "shave every 3 days" kind of guy, but still. That was a long time between charges. I continue to be most impressed with this razor.

UPDATE (Nov 25, 2011): Still going strong. Replaced the heads a month or two ago, and is still my primary razor. Very happy with this one.

UPDATE (Jul 18, 2013): Still going as my primary razor.

UPDATE (Nov 9, 2014): Still going as my primary razor. :)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2011, 6:40:36 PM PDT
I really appreciate the update on your review. In case you can offer some feedback.. I am a woman with facial and neck hair that resists everything. Laser treatments don't work on white hair which is a good percentage of mine. I quit plucking and started shaving after I gave up on the NoNo. The really good, 4 blade razors do the best job but the price of the blades is so much I am looking at electric razors.

Is the handle too big for a smaller hand? I wear small size gloves and have carpal tunnel. Obviously I have less hair than most guys, I seriously think it is tougher too.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 12:41:13 PM PST

Posted on Nov 15, 2014, 6:52:11 PM PST
Engineer says:
Thank you for this review. I am interested in this particular model. How is the battery life over the last three years? The old norelco I had lasted a while but towards the end even when plugged in it couldn't hold a charge. I am worried that the battery on this would die within a year or two. How many shaves can you get with it after 4 years of using it between charges?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2014, 6:55:14 AM PST
To be honest, I've never paid much attention to the battery life. I shave, and throw it in the cabinet till the next time. When the light runs out, I plug it in again. I've never tracked how much I actually use it before needing to be charged again.

I also don't shave regularly either - meaning not every day or every other day. I tend to be scruffy a lot, so I'm not sure if my shaving pattern would be the same as yours, either.

Posted on Dec 19, 2014, 9:34:28 AM PST
citrinewine says:
Great survey including in detail how to as well as your experience.
I have a 18 teen year old who I constantly nag as mothers do. I really believe due to the different shavers he's gotten where it doesn't matter.
I bought this last night .

Posted on Dec 26, 2014, 1:29:20 PM PST
Craig Smith says:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Are you still using it? Is it heavy and how's the battery life? Hope to hear from you soon!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›