Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 17, 2005
I brought both this book and Joe Cumming's Lonely Planet guide with me. I was glad I hauled both with me across the Pacific (you can never have too much information), but Carl's book was my clear favorite.

The Moon guide always seemed to bring me a bit closer to the Thais than the Lonely Planet guide -- it seemed like Carl is closer to "going native," or perhaps more empathetic than Joe. What a shame that it seems to be the less popular of the two.

Bring them both, but if you only want to buy/carry one, make it Carl's Moon Guide.
What's this?