Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 8, 2009
OK, first off, like another reviewer pointed out, both the description, AND the tag on the actual cane is WRONG! The handle does NOT use a "Foam Handle" at ALL! - But rather, it is some form of hard plastic! Now, for my big hands, the handle IS a nice size, but I am not sure yet if I will be keeping or returning this. The lack of a "Foam Handle" *may* be a deal-breaker.

Since I only just got the Cane, this is really only about my first impressions; I hope to update this review with more usage notes later.

One thing, coming from an older "C" handle wood cane, this cane feels heavier! Possibly this can not be avoided (due to the 500lb weight limit), but am not sure that going from a 'regular' cane to a 'quad-cane' will be something I can get used to.

I got the usual great Amazon Service - it came fast, and there was no damage, and the price was right (NOTE: it was boxed inside a box - (looked like over-kill).

Due to the incorrect description, I could not give this five stars; also, it is not the fault of the cane that being a quad-cane feels weird to me after so many years with a regular-cane, so I gave it four stars. It is heavy duty, and it will support my weight (6'0", 370lbs), and the black color is nice - the hard plastic handle is the greatest issue.

Updated 08-11-09

Well, I decided to send this back. Two primary reasons:
1) As I found out (and another reviewer described) the handle simply is not what is listed at all, and my arthritic hand needs something different than this hard plastic, or Rubber, or whatever - it's hard, and does not give at all.

2) This was my first "quad" cane - so perhaps it is normal? But, the base (the quad part) was not level, and would rock slightly on a flat level surface! Not enough to make it fall over or anything, but enough to drive me slightly bonkers!

Thanks to Amazon's GREAT return policy - it's going back with zero hassles, and at no cost to me, not even for shipping!

Live and learn...
33 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?