Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner Since 1968, 8 Oz Bottle. For Use on Leather Apparel, Furniture, Auto Interiors, Shoes, Bags and Accessories. Non-Toxic and Made in the USA! (Automotive)
I live in the desert and my very expensive leather couch has really taken a beating with the lack of moisture in the air. I have used no less than 10 other products to condition my cracking sofa. They all seem to work for a day or two and then the dryness and cracking return. I purchased this product and followed the simple instructions and I am amazed! My couch looks fantastic- it is still worn (as a 15 year old couch should be) but the rough, brittle feeling to the leather is gone. My couch feels and looks healthy again!
In addition to a fantastic product, this company provides amazing customer service! The have a customer for life !!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2010 11:36:04 AM PDT
Mark Allan says:
I was interested in this product but all reviews here are fake! FAKE! Not a single Amazon Verified Purchase here. Im not going to buy based on fake reviews and caution others to be weary as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2010 7:19:56 AM PDT
Just because they didn't verify doesn't mean it's fake! I review tons of movies on Amazon that I haven't bought from Amazon. Stop being so sceptical.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 9:05:20 PM PST
Taylor says:
I agree with Mark Allan. These reviews are FAKE. Look at the dates. Multiple reviews on the same day, and all of them FROM THIS YEAR. FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!!

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 10:46:21 PM PST
My review is not fake. I bought this from the leather honey website and wrote a review on amazon to spread the word how well this product is. I am a satisfied customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2011 3:37:10 PM PDT
C. Chalfont says:
Mr. Allen,
I wrote this review when this product was only available through the company. They must have transferred it over to Amazon, along with the other reviews. My review was not fake, I am a real customer about to place another order.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2011 3:38:51 PM PDT
C. Chalfont says:
Mr. Taylor,
I wrote this review, I love this product and I am ordering more. I cannot speak for the rest of the reviews but mine is real- it was submitted directly to the company prior to the product being available on amazon, they probably just moved it over.

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 6:18:37 AM PDT
C. Chalfont may have hit the nail on the head
Mr. Allen,
"They (Leather Honey) must have transferred it (reviews from the Leather Honey Website) over to Amazon, along with the other reviews."

Perhaps they hand selected which reviews to share with Amazon?

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 1:25:34 PM PST
B. Speer says:
Looks like some people simply distrust everyone. Caution is reasonable. Calling comments "fake" over and over are wrong. Use your head and read between the lines. You can get a pretty fair idea of sincerity with a few confirming comments. There are many products and books, etc I bought elsewhere and came here to comments for the sake of others. My motto is "all for one and one for all". Life is more fun with some faith in others good intentions. It is the ones who yell fake too much that are suspicous. Hats off to all the good efforts of thousands of others who care enough to comment.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:30:51 AM PDT
Loren says:
B. Speer,

I agree that Mark Allan may have overstepped when he stated, "...all reviews here are fake!", but he did have some evidence that would support skepticism. Perhaps it would have been more accurate if he had said that he doubted the veracity of the reviews instead of jumping to an extreme conclusion.

The idea of moving the reviews from the Leather Honey web site to Amazon can explain why they all appeared on the same date. It's also possible, as stated by Michael T., that they selected which reviews to move.

I believe that we need people like Mark Allan in our society. I hope he's a journalist. He sounds like he's the kind of person who would be perfect as a reporter, as long as he has an editor to tame his enthusiasm and a fact checker to get him the data.

- Loren