Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

This is a fabulous oil for my over-dry hair, however, I had to go through a trial and error session before I received my desired results.

As a reference, I have thick and coarse textured hair that frizzes in both humidity and in ultra-dry climates like the southwest desert region, which is where I reside, and I wear my hair long and down a few inches past my shoulder. In addition, I have my hair chemically color processed about once a month, which stresses the hair and dries it out. Furthermore, at the age of 66, my thick hair is beginning to slightly thin and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep my hair from thinning out anymore.

A few years ago, I discovered that oils were extremely beneficial for conditioning my hair. My thick coarse-textured dry hair will keep expanding in humidity, and in a dry climate, it resembles a straw broom with split and uneven dry ends. Neither look is a good trade-off for the other, however, natural plant extract oils keep my hair looking lustrous and healthy in both wet and dry climates.

In the past, I have tried and used exactly a dozen different oils. Although each one has brought about some positive results, I favor 6 of them more than the others, and generally rotate these 6 on a regular basis.

It was while I was looking to place an order on a couple of my oils that were running low, that I came across the Clearly Long Oil Hair Serum. I liked that this hair serum is a blend of different oils, including Argan, Castor, and Jojoba, which are three of my favorites. Furthermore, this hair serum is 100% natural and without any toxic additives. Clearly Long is FREE of Sulfates, FREE of Phthalates, FREE of Parabens, and there is NO DEA, NO formaldehyde, and NO PEG (Polyethylene glycol).

Clearly Long comes in a small bottle with a pump applicator and I like the slight sweet earthy scent. It’s very oily, therefore, it requires a sparingly and thin usage, as a little goes a long way. It only requires a spritz or two massaged into the scalp, and then I use the left over residue from my hands to wipe down the strands of my hair.

For my first usage, I followed the directions for dry hair application. I sectioned off some top strands, rubbed the serum into my scalp, and then applied a little more to my towel dried hair. Apparently, I used an excessive amount, and although my hair was soft, manageable, and shiny, the hair on top had a slightly oily feel. When I used my blow dryer, the top part of my hair refused to lift with any volume.

I learned my lesson and now I apply the serum in a different manner. Now my method is to use the serum as a hair-mask, I rub a little serum into my dry scalp, and then after about 15 minutes I shampoo and wash it out. My hair results are beautiful, soft, shiny, manageable and healthy looking hair. I have No frizz and No brittle or uneven ends.

Regarding any new hair growth, I have had some success but only after a few months’ time. Actually, I’m not surprised because the included Castor Oil promotes growth along the thinner areas of the hair, and Castor Oil has worked for me before. I have a little growth on the thinner areas of my temples, both on the left and on the right. It’s not a thick amount, but it’s better than seeing just skin, and hopefully this will stop or at least delay any further thinning. In addition, I have some new hair growth along where my middle parting would be located. I wasn’t aware of any thinning there, but the clumps of new growth are nevertheless reassuring to see.

Below is a full list of all the ingredients in this serum, and they are all natural oils and plant extracts, and 100% vegan.

• Argan Oil
• Peppermint
• Lemon
• Rosemary
• Cypress Essential Oils

As a further confirmation, my hairdresser has stated that my hair is in excellent condition, it looks good, feels good and is extremely healthy. Although, I do get my hair color processed every month, this hair serum prevents any drying damage, and is repairing some slight thinning and hair loss.
review image review image review image
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.