Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on December 5, 2012
I recently started having issues with a Belkin N+ F5D8235-4, so getting this Anker router was perfect timing. The issue with the Belkin was that I was getting dropped internet connections every once in awhile, even when Wired. So I would have to reboot it to restore the connection. So far with the Anker N600 I haven't had a single drop.

It was very easy to set up, and the web interface is easy to understand if you want a simple set up, but also has an advanced option to dig into the more finer settings, like DMZ, Virtual Servers, etc. Just Log in, then from the next page click the "Advanced" button. It comes with everything you need to get going as well. The Router, Ethernet cable, power plug, and a CD with PDF versions of the Quick Installation, and Full User Manual.

I also decided to do some speed/ line quality comparisons between the Belkin and Anker. I ran these tests using my Asus Windows 7 laptop, and my Samsung Galaxy S3. I used the testing tools at Geek Squads, and Ookla Speed Test sites.

I ran 3 tests each using wired, and wireless connections, and then averaged the scores. Since my laptop only has 2.4 ghz capability I used my Samsung Galaxy S3 to get some results with the 5ghz band. Here are the results I got.

[Belkin Wired]

{Geek Squad Test Results averaged after 3 tests from Laptop}

Ping (16ms) Jitter (.33 ms) Packet Loss (0%)

Download (36.06 mbps) Upload (6.316 mbps)

{Speedtest.net Test Results averaged after 3 tests}

Ping: (22ms) Download (35.9 mbps) Upload (6.306 mbps)

[Belkin Wireless 2.4ghz]

{Geek Squad Test Results averaged after 3 tests from Laptop}

Ping (16.6ms) Jitter (.66 ms) Packet Loss (0%)

Download (32.986 mbps) Upload (6.293 mbps)

{Speedtest.net Test Results averaged after 3 tests}

Ping: (19ms) Download (36 mbps) Upload (6.21 mbps)

{Speedtest Android App from my Galaxy S3 averaged after 3 tests}

Download (24.97 mbps) Upload (8.513 mbps)

[Anker Wired]

{Geek Squad Test Results averaged after 3 tests from Laptop}

Ping (21.6ms) Jitter (3ms) Packet Loss (0%)

Download (35.72 mbps) Upload (6.306 mbps)

{Speedtest.net Test Results averaged after 3 tests}

Ping: (20.33ms) Download (34.5 mbps) Upload (6.253 mbps)

[Anker Wireless 2.4ghz]

{Geek Squad Test Results averaged after 3 tests from Laptop}

Ping (29.3ms) Jitter (3.66 ms) Packet Loss (0%)

Download (35.54 mbps) Upload (6.256 mbps)

{Speedtest.net Test Results averaged after 3 tests}

Ping: (21.6ms) Download (35.81 mbps) Upload (6.24 mbps)

{Speedtest Android App from my Galaxy S3 averaged after 3 tests}

Ping: (116ms) Download (28.81 mbps) Upload (8.686 mbps)

[Anker Wireless 5ghz]

{Speedtest.net app Test Results averaged after 3 tests, via WiFi with my Samsung Galaxy S3}

Ping (50.6ms) Download (14.54 mbps) Upload (8.89 mbps)

The results are not all that much between the 2 routers. I think the biggest difference was the speeds when using my S3, with the Anker at 2.4ghz about 4 mbps faster. So the Anker has easily kept up with the more expensive Belkin.

I also tested my Galaxy S3 from a different room and found that 5ghz has a much shorter range, and Anker explains this in the manual. Which is just due to the rule that the higher the frequency the shorter the range. So it all depends on your set-up and usage. I found with 5ghz that about 20 feet away in a different room my signal dropped to 1 WiFi bar, and reduced speed to about 4-7 mbs downloads. 2.4ghz at the same distance had 3 or 4 bars with 7-12 mbs downloads. So if you are going to be connecting through walls, or from a decent distance away I recommend using 2.4ghz. But if you will be in the same room and close I recommend the 5ghz. The 5ghz will usually have less interference since there are a lot less devices that commonly run on 5ghz. The typical wireless phone runs on 2.4ghz which can cause interference, but 2.4ghz travels further. Your mileage may vary.

In summary I really like the Anker router, and it has performed very well. Especially considering the price. The Anker is currently priced at $39.99, and the Belkin N+ F5D8235-4 router I used for the testing is currently priced at $96.69, but is a 2.4ghz only router.

So if you are looking for a great dual band, not too expensive router you cant go wrong here. I will update this review in the future to report how it has worked for me in the long run, but as of right now I couldn't be happier. And as far as customer service goes they are extremely helpful and thorough. They go out of their way and follow up to ensure that their customers are happy. Nice Job Anker.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.