Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 28, 2011
So I purchased both dvds based on ratings and the fact that this could be a great visual supplement to my impending conversations with my 8 year old boy and my 10 year old girls. I believe the dvds are done really well with appropriate levels of language and visuals. With that said, I was dissappointed because I was looking for something more geared towards puberty with a little of the sex talk mixed in. This was, I would guess, about 80% sex and 20% puberty and, to be honest, it was a pretty short video.

For the girls I would have liked to see more about their period, what happens when they have it, the fact that it comes each month, how to take care of themselves around it, etc. It touches very briefly that a girl will get breasts and she will have a period but I think there is so much more to talk about explaining how their body works.

For boys, I would have liked to see more about their maturing body as well. What can they expect and what happens "in the night" and other things.

I think if you want your child to understand intercourse and how babies are made, this is great but unfortunately I mostly would like a focus on puberty and a maturing body and maybe even sprinkle in some things that may change with peer relationships.

Again, the visuals and verbiage are great. It's a very short video (I do feel like I overpaid) and the most of it is about sex (I guess, hence the name but again, I was expecting a lot more about puberty). As my title says ... just know what you want to talk about before purchasing.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?