Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 13, 2010
Honestly, I mostly read the reviews to see what people think of games, but this time, I felt the need to share my own thoughts. My wife and I purchased this title, and we were amazed at how much fun it can be. There are a few glitches here and there, and I have noticed them with both single player and two player local games, but they are not deal breakers.
The boxing portion has a hard time recognizing movements, even with multiple calibrations of the Kinect. I can be a technical as I want, and it just won't pick up on certain movements of the hands, which can be frustrating when you are getting your butt kicked.
A few other games, like the Javelin and Soccer can be frustrating as well, but I think with practice at how the Kinect picks up your body movements can help. Bowling is fun, it feels better than any Wii bowling game. The other games, like ping pong, volleyball, track and field, and so on are all fun, and respond very, very well.
This game can be a heck of a workout. I spent the first three days with it just playing all the different games, and I have lost about 10 pounds in the process. My arms and legs are sore from doing exercises I don't normally do while playing video games, but I feel great, honestly.
One other note I would like to add, make sure to check on the stability of your floors, and if you live above neighbors, see if you are bothering them. The track and field has running and jumping involved, and can lead to a lot of punishment on the floor. The long jump in particular has you running in place, and then jumping as high as you can, which can be noisy, or, if you are a large person like me, punishing on the floorboards.
All in all, I feel this is one of the best of the Kinect launch titles, albeit with its few flaws. I have had more fun with this than any other game in a long time. My wife has very, VERY, limited video game skills, and she hopped on in, and was able to play instantly. And beat one more than one occasion.
Thank you!
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?