Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 15, 2006
I grew up in a small Chinese village, and vividly remember the faces of all the old-age people when I was a child. I have been back to the same village a few times in the last few years, have seen the difference between now and the time before the economic boom. Now people have much better life, and they are eating much "better", yet the villagers are dying much younger, with all kind of modern health problems: heart problems, all kind of cancers, etc. What I am saying is not scientifically based, yet I want to say it: I think the life span of Chinese villagers is shorter now than 20 years ago, when they were much poorer, consuming mostly "raw" stuff. This early deaths of the people in my home town puzzled me and my wife a great deal, and we have been wondering: why? why they are all dying so young when they are all enjoying a much "better" life?

I bought the book, and will read it with great interest. I am working in the field of medicine that treats cancer patients, and I always wonder why there are so many cancer patients in the States?, and I was surprised that the Chinese villagers are now having all kinds of cancers, and having the diseases unheard of during my child years.

I will try to share with you my persepctive after I read the book.

Kevin in California
11 comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?