Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Clumsy and Heavy-Seller Has Unfriendly Policies, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Econoled Leather Case with Built-in Bluethooth Keyboard for Apple 1st Generation Ipad (IPAD-BLT-KYBD) (Electronics)
I have had an iPad since April, 2010, and while i really like my iPad I have been on a quest to find the "killer" case for it to replace the standard Apple case. Unfortunately, this one isn't it. First of all, it seems a little cheap and cheesy. Next, it's very heavy and clumsy, almost doubling the weight of the iPad. At that point you almost might as well have a laptop. Functionality of the keyboard is still too limited for the iPad. I don't blame them so much for this, as this keyboard is really no worse in that regard than any others that I have seen, including Apple's own. Apple, here's a hint: It would be nice to be able to open some of the core apps, like mail, etc. with a function or hot key. Perhaps mappable key combinations.

My biggest complaint comes toward this seller. No refunds for non-defective items? How in the world can a company that sells on the internet operate that way? They're selling a technology product that I have never touched or seen, and they expect me to risk $60 on the usability of it? Absurd. Please do not reward bad behavior by purchasing anything from this sleazy company. And Amazon is not blameless here. As the world's largest online retailer they have the ability and the responsibility to force those companies that utilize their portal to be customer friendly, and not predatory. I will think long and hard before renewing my Prime account next time. This is from someone whose Prime account has largely been responsible for well over 100 orders from Amazon the last two years.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2011 10:35:39 AM PDT
I agree with the bad reviews, this is a cheap and heavy product. I tryed pluging in the keyboard to charge and when it fineshed charging I unpluged it gently and the whole plug-in thing ripped out. I also notest that once I got it conected with bluethooth it would disconect after a couple of minots. I strongly dont recomend this product!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 7:28:42 PM PDT
swt says:

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 10:32:12 PM PST
Zapban says:
Ok so seeing all the reviews that are bad I feel that this review was helpful in pointing out the flaws.

Now on the other side hotkey's for things like mail are stupid. The mail app is literally two clicks away, the home button then the mail app.

Now I do feel that companies should take responsibility things like defective products or damaged products, but I don't believe that amazon should take responsibility for any of that. Amazon does a great job with pretty much everything in my opinion. Since you have bought so much stuff from amazon I assume that you bought them from other companies on amazons website. If your not smart enough to research the company and/or product before buying then that's your own fault. Even if the product comes from amazon you look it up on multiple websites before buying; that's just what you do on the Internet.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 4:52:29 AM PST
What seller is this?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 6:16:04 AM PST
rdlink says:
At the time of the order it was a company called UnitedIntegral. Don't know if they're still around, or changed their name, or what.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 6:17:31 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 6:21:41 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 26, 2013 6:22:49 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 6:23:07 AM PST
rdlink says:
Your opinion about hotkeys for mail, but consider that other people use the iPad besides yourself. This is a user interface issue. When I'm using an external keyboard on the iPad there are a number of functions, accessing mail being one of them that would be much more efficient by being able to keep my hands on the keyboard, rather than having to lift a hand up and touch the screen.

As far as Amazon is concerned, while I agree that they have a nice business model, they are far from perfect. If they were eBay I might give them some slack for sleazy sellers on their website, but their marketplace is far more curated and controlled by them. If they are going to work as closely with resellers as they do, and control the experience as mush as they do, it's incumbent on them to put rules in place, such as all sales should include an XX day return. And that's my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2014 5:18:47 PM PDT
Kathie says:
i just read your review and i hate to see good custermers not get what they paid for back when they are not happy with their product. whether it was a defect or not up to your standards.
anyway go into your account and under your order history look for amazons direct number. it should be a the very bottom of page and call amazon directly. contacting the company you purchased the item from sometimes is a waiste of time. i had to do this with a defective product and amazon themselfs sent me a free return label to my email. let me go look for you to see if i can find amazon direct number. when i called them ( and i had to call on 2 seperate occasions for 2 seperate orders. the people i spoke to were extremly helpful and they told me as soon as they see that my package label number was on the way back to them i received my refund and i did within 2 days from shipping it out from my house.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2015 7:15:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2015 7:17:54 PM PDT
SJK says:
The same thing happened to me! The charger plug ripped right out and the company will not Answer my emails.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›