on November 21, 2007
I first reviewed this product back in 2007. 10 years later I still have the SAME unit and it STILL works great! I honestly thought this thing would have died by now. They have added some features to this unit since my original review, so I'm updating my original review to avoid any confusion with the features that the current model has.

This unit is one of the most powerful portable battery jumpers out there at 1700 peak amps. That's almost twice as powerful as many other lower quality competitors. If you look at professional garages and towing companies, they are usually using a Jump-n-Carry device.

This is not a multi-purpose unit that you will find at the local big box store. It's not an air compressor, radio, flashlight, food processor and battery jumper. It's only a battery jumper, although it does have a "cigarette-lighter" style socket to power other items if needed.

This is a great product, but consider this before you buy it: This model may not be for everyone. This is a professional grade tool and is not intended to be used by people unfamiliar with proper battery jumping procedures. I say this for 2 reasons...

1. Some battery jumping devices have a feature that will alert you if you hook the jumper cables up incorrectly. This unit has no such feature.

2. Some have safety switches that remove power to the cables while you are hooking them up. This unit has no such switch. Jump-N-Carry cables are live ALL THE TIME.

So if you're looking for a jumper box for your kids or an automotive novice, you may be better off with another model with more "goof-proof" safety features.

This thing is also kind of bulky/heavy at 18lbs. So keep that in mind. I usually carry a smaller, more pedestrian-level jumper box in my car that is less powerful. But when it gets really cold out or someone specifically asks me for jump-starting assistance, I grab my Jump-n-Carry!

One last comment: This Jump n Carry comes with a redeemable certificate for a one-time replacement unit. If (for ANY reason) this unit stops working during its lifetime, you send it back to the company with the certificate (along with $50) and they will repair or replace it, no questions asked. Edit - 10 years later (2017), I have no idea if the same deal exists. If it does, I'm guessing the fee is more than $50 now)
Bottom Line: If you need the most power in a single-purpose jumper box (and you know what you're doing), buy this one!
1,966 people found this helpful