October 15, 2016
Meet Michael, a man with an incredible story about humanity to tell the world. Michael brings readers along with him as he tells a social worker of the day-to-day happenings in his life. For thirty years, he's a homeless man trying to survive within the urban sprawl of New York City, relying on his own resourcefulness and keen observations of the people around him. Within this book, he teaches all of us the most important things that life has to offer but that people often overlook by the end of the day.

I loved this book, especially the descriptions of the usual people Michael encounters every day. It reminded me in some ways of films such as 'Pay It Forward' and 'Pecker'. When I drove from Halifax to Florida over the summer, I went through areas of New York such as The Bronx, and as I passed numerous people, some of them homeless, I wondered what kind of stories they had to tell... and I think that Truth According to Michael captures this atmosphere perfectly. The author's talent for prose, comedy and reflection shines through every page, every word, and it's amazing.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink