Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 26, 2014
I upgraded from a 32" Panasonic IPS-panel LCD TV to this model and I'm very pleased with it so far. For this price-range, I have no complaints and think 5 stars is very fair. That being said, there are some nit-picky flaws which I've made note of.

Pros:
- Smart features are great.
- Has a beautiful picture.
- 120 Hz is awesome!
- 0.3" bezel makes the TV itself looks great.
- Blacks are, indeed, very black (sometimes it looks as if the whole TV shuts off when it goes to a black screen).
- Plenty of inputs.
- Easy to set up.
- Network features are nice.
- Great price.
- Games, DVDs, and Blu-Rays all look fantastic.
- Semi-matte screen is a nice touch (especially if you have a bright room with windows).

Cons:
- Viewing angle isn't a perfect 180 degrees. You'll notice some (MINOR) loss of quality if you are sitting to the left or the right of the TV. That being said, I watch it from the front and the right side and it's not enough of a big deal (or noticeable) to take away a star.
- Note: Unless you plan on spending thousands on your TV, most LED TVs have this issue. There is a very, very slight "blotchiness" in the screen. I only notice it when the screen fades to completely white (otherwise you honestly can't tell) and really, it's hardly noticeable in the first place and again, not worth taking away a star. The reason why this happens (or so I've read) is because the TV is so thin, the actual LEDs are pushing against the panel, causing the effect.

Overall, I'm very happy with this TV and I highly recommend it. The problems I mentioned were so trivial that you might not even notice them, but I felt that they were worth mentioning, anyway.

If you want to save some money and settle for a little less, this was my second choice of TV as it's similar in design and assortment of features, http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL48W600B-48-Inch-1080p-60Hz/dp/B00HPMCNXI
Other than that, I don't really know if it's actually any good.

If something comes up to change my mind about anything, I'll be editing this review.
1010 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?