Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars Something is fishy here, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Cuisaid ProDigital Digital Kitchen Scale (Silver) (Kitchen)
My ladyfriend recently bought me this scale for only a few dollars (the price has since increased). In summary its cheap junk. You put almost anything on it and you can't read the screen. Now it wont even turn on.

On top of that I am really suspicious of the reviews on this product. Most of the reviews are unverified. Not that alarming, but a bunch of the profiles of these unverified reviews are from Lakewood NJ where this company is based (google is your friend :)). So you make your own decision on this one.

Frankly i think its worth a few dollars if you need a scale to last a week or two.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2012, 5:50:33 PM PDT
johnklem says:
Hilarious! There are nine reviews, eight are from verified buyers. The only unverified review is... this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012, 8:41:52 AM PST
B. Einhorn says:
Look at how many products the reviewers of this scale have reviewed - not many - other than this scale. A lot of one review customers.
Seems fishy to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013, 2:18:48 PM PST
Z says:
Maybe they really really really love this scale :P I know I'm guilty of not reviewing everything I purchase...

Posted on Mar 16, 2013, 2:50:54 PM PDT
Emme says:
If it didn't work, why didn't you send it back? Amazon has an incredible return policy.

Posted on May 12, 2015, 6:35:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2015, 6:47:35 PM PDT
Skilber1 says:
I too purchased 2 of these scales 2 years ago, 1 for a gift. Mine quit after 1st time to measuring accurately.
So I returned and change my review to not so good.

I Could not figure out the correct way to calibrate, all I was getting was errors. I put it away in storage, until recently.

Just Recently I purchased some new scales for my selling in eBay, to ship my products. I did some reading and I found out that some scales will not calibrate themselves with just any weight you put on them.

I had read you have to use 1/2 of the maximum weight of what your scale capacity is, then add another 1/2 of that weight to that make a total of 11 lbs exactly, maximum rating of this scale.

Here is what I did, I held down the on button, while at same time pushed the underside button together, until some numbers appeared. I then push the button again and it said calibrate, push the button again, to put 5.5 lbs on the scale, then it said to add another 5.5 lbs, making the total 11 lbs.

Now try and find a 5.5 lb object that weighs exactly that. I had some fishing weights that weighed 10 lbs 14 OZ. I had some 2 OZ calibration weights making my total 11 lbs exactly.

Well 11 lbs was not going to work for the 1st phase of calibration, so I used my new scales and took a gallon milk jug, filled with water to 5.5 lbs exactly. 2 gal jugs at 5.5 lbs will not fit on the scale. When it ask for the next phase to add another 5.5 lbs, I removed the 1st jug and put on the exact 11 lb can of fishing weights.

I then got a message ACC scale calibrated. Wow! was I amazed, my scale I had for 2 years is now working. I now own 4 scales and do not need this no longer.
I am going to sell this one, it is still new in the original open box.

I hope this helps some of the buyers that have had a problem with this scale and still have them. Even when you get a error, you can still probably calibrate, like I did with mine and it worked.
Always remember to never exceed the maximum weight of a scale or I am sure the scale will go out of calibration.

The sad thing was, my manual never had any instructions on how to calibrate this scale, I would think the Mfg. would have more satisfied clients if a little calibrating instructions were included with this scale.

Stan Kilber