In some ways, I hate to admit that my daughter has both the "Fisher-Price Loving Family DREAM Dollhouse" and the "Fisher-Price Loving Family GRAND Dollhouse" and while they are very similar in some cases the "Dream Dollhouse" has a few additional features that has made it the more popular choice (at least for my family). A few notes on the "Dream House"
One thing I like about the Fisher-Price dollhouses is that they have lots of "Staying Power". This means that your child is just as likely to be playing with this in 12 months as they are the day they pull it out of the box. There are plenty of toys that have an immediate wow, but very few have the staying power of the Fisher Price Loving Family Dream House.
- Assembly takes about 15 minutes. It require 3AA batteries and a philips head screwdriver.
- Comes with Male and Female, tween-aged girl (8-12 year old) and a baby
- Plastic construction - While wood may look a little better it is heavier and comes with its own issues ... with possibilities for water damage, insects, an some up-keep
- Comes with a *few* accessories - a large purple bunny, a hat for mother, a couch, a table and chairs, a baby seat.
- Does *Not* come with any type of kitchen.
- Has several working sounds - a toilet that flushes, a bathroom light and chandelier that lights up, and a doorbell.
- One thing that the "Dream Dollhouse" has that the "Grand Dollhouse" does not have is door handles on both the inside and outside of the front door.
- The secret room works ok... it is a little difficult to open-up and close, but it typically just stays up.
- The dollhouse closes up nicely, which is a great way to store all of the accessories and/or take on a trip.
- Lot's of room for additional accessories - and while they can be a bit pricey, you will likely want to by some other room furnishings.
- While Fisher-Price sells both an African American and Caucasian versions they are identical with exception of the pigment on the dolls skin.
Final Verdict - While my daughter loves the older version (the Fisher-Price loving Family GRAND Dollhouse) she now prefers the "Dream House" the additional sounds and lights has made this one of her very favorite toys.