Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

VINE VOICEon October 3, 2010
This is the first LightScribe burner that I've owned (I've used about a dozen other non LightScribe burners in the past). I've used this new Lite-On LightScribe unit for reading CDs and DVDs (both +R and -R) without any issues. I've also burned both CDs (-R) and DVDs (-R and +R) with it without any issues. My system is a top end DELL XPS 9000, Win7 64bit Pro, and I didn't have any issues getting the burner to work in it. I bought HP branded "LightScribe" DVD media, and I was looking forward to burning some nice labels onto the top of my DVDs. My first attempts didn't turn out too well, the image and writing that I'd selected was too light, too hard to see once it was completed. I don't think this is an issue with the burner, or with the media, but with me and my lack of practice with selecting a good image that will burn dark enough to be easily seen. I know now (trial and error has taught me) to make sure the labels that I make need to have strong contrasting text and/or pictures, so that when burned onto the tops, they will be easily seen.

I'm giving this burner a 4 out of 5, because I wanted the LightScribe option to be more user friendly (maybe it's a software issue, maybe the laser is not strong enough, or maybe it's just me, but better software and/or a better laser would have protected me from myself, and then I would have given it a 5.
88 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.