Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Staind cd, September 9, 2005
This review is from: Chapter V (Audio CD)
It's been awhile since Staind released a cd, but their back in a big way releasing what I strongly feel to be their best overall cd. Chapter V contains 2 songs which in my opinion are 2 of their best songs, "Please," and "Everything Changes." To me, Aaron Lewis is right up there with some of the best singers right now. The thing that he does that separates him from most other singers is the way he expresses his emotion through the song. Whether it be a positive or depressing song, Aaron always sings with full emotion and it draws you into the song.

1. Run Away 7/10
- Decent song. Good guitars! Not one I listen to that often, but good.

2. Right Here 9/10
- This is a really good song, but I feel it will get overlooked on the album because of all the other better songs on the cd. Not surprised like some people that this was the first single on the cd. To me it feels like a Staind single. Good song, though!

3. Paper Jesus 6/10
- This is the only song I really didn't like on the cd, but then again I have a friend who thinks this is one of the best ones.

4. Schizophrenic Conversations 8/10
- It takes awhile to get to the chorus, but I like this song! One of the ones I listen to most often! Great guitars!

5. Falling 9/10
- Good overall song! Great drums, great lyrics, great guitars!

6. Cross to Bear 9/10
- This is a really good song! I love the guitars on this song! It's actually got a guitar solo.

7. Devil 7/10
- This is a song that I thought was alright when I first heard it, but after hearing it a few times, it kinda grew on me.

8. Please 10/10
- This was the second song I heard from the album, and it caught me from day one. It doesn't get old, and it won't have that overplayed feeling of "Outside" and "It's Been Awhile," when you listen to it over and over again, because you will.

9. Everything Changes 10/10
- This is probably my overall favorite song on the cd. It's a great ballad that exentuates Aaron's vocals. His emotion on this song is amazing. You can hear it in his voice. Some might say, it's mainstream. If they mean mainstream by its not a hard song like the old Staind back in the "Tormented" where Staind was just trying to find themselves, then they're right. Not every song is going to be the same. That's a good thing! It's fine to have harder songs, but it's also nice to have ballads like this. As I recall, "Epiphany" or "Zoe Jane" weren't hard songs either.

10. Take this 7/10
-I didn't really like the beginning of the song or the chorus that much, but towards the end, it picks up and makes up for the first half.

11. King of all Excuses 8/10
- This is a weird song! It's probably one of my favorites, but it seems that I rarely listen to it, but when I do, I realize what I'm missing!

12. Reply 10/10
- Aside from "Please and Everything Changes," this is my favorite. This song seems to be one for the fans, and Aaron's gratitude for them. He says in the song, "My life will never, ever be the same without you here!" Good song!

Its amazing to see how far Fred Durst has fallen as a musician, but think of the two bands he discovered, Taproot and Staind.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]