Top critical review
14 people found this helpful
Problematic for closing discs and some confusing features
on April 30, 2009
1) Price is cheap for a DVD camcorder
2) Outdoor video quality
3) optical zoom
1) The menu is very confusing.
2) You cannot finalize unless you connect the camera to power adapter. You will not know it unless you read the manual carefully
3) You cannot charge the camera if the power button is turned on. So assume that you are using the camera and it goes off because of no charge. You connect it to the power adapter, it will not charge...it is because the power button is still turned on. I had this issue and had a hard time finding the cause. I even sent my camera to canon repair and it got returned back saying I need to keep the power button off while charging and otherwise it will not charge.
4) Finally, there is a lot of problem with finalizing the disc. The finalize menu item will not show up while in record mode. That is fine. But I recorded my disc in VR mode and now I see Finalize menu item but it is not selectable..not sure why. I am not able to finalize my disc and can't play it in dvd player. When I see the content of the DVD, it has files in VRO format. To convert it to DVD format, I need a software now which will cost me. And that's when I decided to write this review.