Top positive review
13 people found this helpful
Easy to setup / use, sturdy, would recommend
on November 12, 2010
I've added customer pictures that go along with this review, from opening the box, to completely assembled.
Tips for assembly:
1. Be sure and have the location where you want to treadmill to go ready. The manual suggests using a rubber mat underneath to prevent electrostatic and also to protect flooring. I purchased the Treatmat by Super Mats on Amazon and it fits perfect.
2. If possible, have the carrier bring it into your home very close to where you want it placed. The treadmill is packed very well in the box, so it takes quite a bit of time just getting the box open (cutting the sides, removing plastic/Styrofoam).
3. There are 5 simple steps to assemble the treadmill, I accomplished them on my own. The rails simply fold out and then you put in some screws and get the display all set up.
4. After assembly, I folded the machine and rolled it off the box, moved all the materials, swept up a bit and then rolled it back onto the mat. It was difficult getting the wheels to roll, they were in the grooves of the box pretty well, and then the treadmill was so heavy that it didn't easily get up on the mat. With careful maneuvering of the stability bar at the end/underside of the treadmill, I was able to move this 250 treadmill with ease. It is actually very easy to move on flat surfaces, it was the transition from box to mat that was a little troublesome/ The folding mechanism is excellent, you lift the end of the machine up (you need a moderate amount of muscle to do that) and then it locks in place. The unlocking is easy and it lowers hydraulically, which means it goes very slow, but keep a hand on it just in case.
6. I purchased the LifeSpan 100% Silicone lubricant on advise of other reviewers and the manual reiterated that, so after checking belt alignment (it was fine), I lubed it up. It wasn't very easy because the spray is a pump, however the manual did not recommend aerosols because of the additives. The manual states that it was lubricated at production, but that it does dry out over time and it would be best to lubricate before using it. (I recommend watching a YouTube video for an idea of how to do this)
- Total one-person assembly time (including lubrication): 1 1/2 hours
- The frame feels very sturdy, does not move when I get on or off the machine.
- Display is fine, but the beeping with every button touch AND minute marker is a little annoying. I will be researching if there is a way to turn that off.
- This is my day-of review, I will update after a few weeks of using it.
- I find the power switch at the back of the machine handy because I have two nosy toddlers. I will always turn off the machine and remove the safety clip when I am not using the machine.
- Definitely plan for the short cord, it fit fine in my "breakfast room."
- Amazon customer service: Ordered treadmill on a Friday, received it by special carrier the following Friday.
I feel like I got a good deal and I am satisfied with my online purchase. This is my first treadmill (or equipment) purchase. I would consider myself a person who likes to exercise, but is not currently in top form. I'm looking forward to my first workout tomorrow!