Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
Exactly what you would expect for this low of a price.
on February 18, 2011
My dad wanted a full HD camcorder for around $150, I looked all over and compared several models of compact camcorders before finally settling on this one.
- Good quality video, although a tad bit grainy. Really though, it's very much above acceptable.
- Supports up to 16GB SDHC, which is basically a requirement for HD camcorders.
- No lag when paired with a good quality class 10 SDHC card.
- Easy to understand controls.
- Mini-HDMI out, includes a mini-HDMI to full-HDMI cable. Also has a standard-def output (composite, cable included).
- The camera automatically turns on and off when the viewing screen is opened or closed. Also, the viewing screen can turn 270 degrees.
- Standard tripod attachment on the bottom of the camera.
- Manual shutter, the shutter doesn't close or open when the camera turns on or off, you have to flip open and close the shutter yourself.
- You HAVE to take out the battery to charge it, there isn't a DC-in anywhere on the camera, and the battery only lasts for about 1h30m on a full charge. This means if you want to record something longer than 1h30m, buy an extra battery and have it handy.
Overall, this camera is an excellent example of "you get what you pay for". You want something better? Spend more money.