Top positive review
44 people found this helpful
An Evolutionary Upgrade That Pays off BIG
on May 26, 2012
I've used Oral B toothbrushes for years now. I have always been more than satisfied. I purchased my most recent professional series over 6 years ago. I've always watched them and from appearances, nothing seemed to change. I was wrong! When the brand new 4000 series came out it piqued my invest. I bought one at announcement and when I opened it I was pleased by several differences:
1. The new spare toothbrush holder is better thought out and works much better than the old 'stand up' one.
2. The charging base itself is flatter and more attractive.
3. Unlike the old charging base, there is no where for gunk to pool and become unwashable. Sounds like a small thing, but who wants to look at a mess on their kitchen counter?
When I used it I found out that the improvements were more than skin deep. This is a better toothbrush. I cannot quantify it, but it does clean better, not a little bit, but a lot. In addition there were some positive functional changes.
1. The standard two minute cycle with beeps every 30 seconds has been augmented with a ' deep cleaning' cycle that simply uses the same brushing action with a three minute cycle and beeps every 45 seconds.
2. A separate polishing cycle has been added.
3. A sensitive cycle has been added. For people first converting to an electric toothbrush, especially kids, this is a plus.
4. A pressure alarm light that is easily visible has been added. This was a plus for me since I saw that I had been brushing too hard at the very back of my gums.
Is this an entirely new and revolutionary product for cleaning your teeth? No. Is a very real upgrade resulting from refining that which was already good? Yes. If your Oral B is several years old, you may want to consider upgrading.